Sunday 23 January 2011

Don't fight it

Mike remarked to me that whilst leaving for the crossing the other day Phantom Lady put him in mind of his childhood pony that dragged its heels mutinously all the way out and as soon as it was turned for home galloped joyously forward.

Sometimes you just have to go with the signs, eh? (sigh)

Mike has got nothing to prove - being the veteran of no less than four previous atlantic crossings - and I am slowly recovering from my crushing disappointment (!) at not being able to blog from more exotic places :)

aaaw let us in - it's freezing out here!
Meanwhile, I have spent the whole day in bed  (with cats for company) trying to shake off this cold which has now turned into a horrible hacking cough.

never far from my laptop...
Mother has brought tea and homemade cake - yum! but it's lonely on my own... :(
Hopefully Mike will be back in a couple of days when his backache has improved.

In the immortal (?) words of Ronan Keating... 'life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it' !!

No comments:

Post a Comment