Tuesday 21 September 2010

Wish I'd had my camera with me hahaha

Colin & Mo - they're on their way around the world!!


We'd gone ashore at Cascais to say bye to our old friends Colin & Mo. Needless to say a few drinks are involved........
Now Mike has previously had a bad experience with our dinghy getting caught under the stone pier on our last visit to Cascais a few years back so he decided to use a small anchor on a bungee cord to hold her off this time.
The idea of bungee is its stretchy so you can pull the dinghy in when you want to get back on it.
Well you can imagine I'm sure the combination of darkness, alcohol and slippery steps where the tide has gone out.......Mike starts pulling in the very reluctant dinghy but he's put the anchor out that little bit too far.
Suddenly he loses his footing and is catapulted out into the water by the dinghy overpowering him. Shit it's a good job I'm holding the laptop bags!
He is soaked and has hurt himself on the concret steps but is laughing uncontrollably whilst I am cursing that I didn't have my camera out and asking him to check he still has his wallet.
On the second try he still can't get the boat close enough to step in so before I can stop him he does a flying dive into it but as he simultaneously lets go of the rope the boat catapults out again and he is left floundering in the water. Finally he manages to get into the dinghy, pull up the anchor and come and get me from the steps.

Mikes stuff drying out

No comments:

Post a Comment