Wednesday 27 October 2010

It ain't half hot mum!

It's been at least 37 degrees (centigrade!) all day today and even now the sun has slipped below the horizon it's still over 30.

Joe said the sand on the beach was burning his feet when he went for his daily swim.


our home from home
We visited Souk Al Had today which is apparently the biggest one in the whole of Morocco. It is a wonderful sensory experience. I can't begin to describe the smells - herbs, spices, fresh fruit and vegetables. honey, leather....amazing.

Our taxi driver offered Mike 2,000 Euros to smuggle him to the Canaries on our boat. I think that's an awful lot of money to a Moroccan. And he wasn't joking either.

I think 'he' is a 'she' actually
Our little visitor has had another bath today but is still really grubby and grimy. Cat food is hideously expensive here so she is just going to have to enjoy tinned fish and raw mince (no hardship eh?)

My only task now is to find someone to look after her whilst we are gone home. When I asked the Marina Manager he looked at me as if I was crazy. I said it was just a poor little starving thing and he said 'Lady, I know a lot of people like that!'

In other news, we found out today what all the fuss was about when we arrived and were intercepted by the Navy.....Apparently the Saudi Arabian Minister of Defence or some such dignitary was in residence at his holiday villa on the Moroccan coast just North of Agadir and they always get twitchy when this happens (once or twice a year at most)

PS Don't worry dear readers - we are only going home for a couple of weeks. And then the adventure will continue........keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment