Sunday 3 October 2010

Late night ramblings

Okay, okay it's not that late. You have to understand that, when cruising, time takes on a different...what's the word.... a different meaning, a different quality.
There are no timetables, you can eat when you're hungry (which for me is all the time), sleep when you're tired, surf the web when you've got a connection....hahaha

It's raining quite heavily outside and I've had a few of the captains home-made Caipirinhas and I'm tucked up in my cosy bed whilst the wind is whistling around the anchorage (don't worry readers, the forecast is good again for tomorrow). Mike is watching a film on his computer in the saloon and all is peaceful with the world.

So, I'm making the most of having the internet on the boat - yahoo!!!

I was going to post a photo of myself sunbathing on deck but then realised - even though I've had a few drinks - it really is too unflattering (and I don't want to scare any children who may be reading).

Here's a nice picture instead

well, nice'ish





I am longing to have a really good soak in a hot bath with loads of bubbles then put loads of moisturiser on and blow dry my hair and go to bed on clean crisp sheets that smell of being freshly wind-blown. Aaah the simple pleasures......

We walked up to Lidl when we were in Ferragudo and do you know? it's more expensive than at home. Shocking!

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't a swim in the ocean count as a bath? Or maybe you could fill your blue canoe with hot water and bubble bath on the beach?
    Can't you hang your bed sheets out on the boat? Guess you have to find somewhere to wash them first. :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete