Monday 4 October 2010

So, do we, don't we???

I cant believe it! Here I am on the net in my cabin and Mike's in the cockpit and he called me - on Skype!!
How sad is that...... hahaha

Anyway, I digress.
What are we gonna do?????
We are very undecided.
The choices are as follows:

Put the boat to bed and go home until spring. Earliest we will get back is April/May (weather)
Plus side of this is we will be earning money (possibly?), I can see my cats :) and I won't be scared a good percentage of the time.
The minuses are - it will be great to get home - for about one week then the novelty will wear off and it will be boring and cold and dark at 5pm for months on end.
Readers, I am being truthfull here.....bear with me please.
Choice number two is sail the boat  to the Canaries. I can fly home easily and cheaply anytime for a week to see my cats (and my bro). The weather is much better. We can leave the boat in a marina anytime we want and still go back if we change our minds.
The minus side of this is it will cost more than leaving the boat here. And, and its a big and, I will have to sail to the Canaries - 5 day trip. And to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, I'm a bit scared after the experience in Biscay.
Oh dear, I will just have to ponder it some more whilst I drink this nice cheap local red wine :)


1 comment:

  1. Time heals all fears...

    At least you have done the worst already! This should be a piece of cake.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete